The iron’s thermostat is a mechanism for regulating the power of the steam reaching the soleplate. Adjusting the temperature of the iron allows greater comfort for the user, especially when he wishes to adapt to fragile types of fabrics.
Replace the iron’s thermostat if no lights come on when you turn it.
The iron’s thermostat is a button located in the iron’s casing. It is attached to the sole of the device.
DISASSEMBLE THE REAR BASE AND THE HANDLE OF THE IRON
- Unscrew the back base of the iron with a screwdriver. Remove the base.
- Unscrew the screw holding the upper base of the handle of the iron with a screwdriver. Remove the plinth by carefully removing the switches.
- Unscrew the screws of the lower base of the handle with a screwdriver. Remove the rest of the handle and set the iron’s thermostat knob aside.
- Unscrew the rear screws holding the base to the soleplate of the iron.
- Memorize all the connectors on the back of the iron (photo, drawing). Unplug them.
DISASSEMBLE THE IRON SOLE
- Unscrew the screws holding the metal plate and/or the sole plate with a screwdriver.
- Remove the remaining connectors from the back of the device.
- Remove the thermostat extension.
- Remove the cover from the iron soleplate.
TEST AND REPLACE THE IRON THERMOSTAT
- Take a multimeter: test the voltage of the thermostat to find out if it works by placing one of the metal test tips of the measuring device on that of the thermostat.
- Turn the thermostat knob to verify that the multimeter detects a change. If the value displayed by the multimeter does not change: use a dusting can or a cloth to clean the soleplate of the iron.
- Use a nail file to go between the different parts and remove anything that interferes with the connection.
- Try again to turn the thermostat knob: if the value displayed by the multimeter changes, the thermostat is in good condition.
- If not: replace the faulty thermostat with a new one. Choose a similar or equivalent model recommended by the manufacturer.
ASSEMBLE THE IRON BASE
- Replace the iron soleplate cover and the metal plate on it.
- Tighten the iron base screws with a screwdriver.
- Replace the top cover of the iron base.
REASSEMBLE THE REAR BASE AND IRON HANDLE
- Retighten the iron’s rear base screws to secure the base, using a screwdriver. Reconnect the iron’s rear base connectors to their original location: use your photo, drawing.
- Replace the handle of the iron. Screw it back on the front and back using a screwdriver.
- Reconnect the switch connectors: run the wires along the handle to the rear base.
- Put the switches back in their place on the handle. Replace the upper part of the handle.
- Screw the rear base of the device back on using a screwdriver.
- Replace the thermostat extension in the correct direction and the thermostat knob.