Fault codes, also called error codes or fault codes, allow your device to automatically report an internal malfunction. Below you will find the list of fault codes for your Indesit tumble dryer and their meaning: this will give you an indication to best diagnose the origin of the malfunction of your appliance.
The error code can be read directly on the front panel of your Indesit dryer. Depending on the model, you can read this code on a display (for example, “Err 01”) or by observing the number of LED flashes (for example: 4 LED flashes = “Err 04”).
Refer to the instructions for your Indesit dryer to find out the exact meaning of the fault code displayed or the lights that flash. The number of flashes often corresponds to the error code number, but there are specificities linked to each model and brand.
ERROR CODE F01 – HEATING
This error code signals a temperature that is too high in the device.
- Try resetting the dryer by holding ON/OFF for 3 seconds. Unplug the device from the power outlet for 30 minutes then plug it back in.
- Clean the filters in the dryer. This operation must be carried out after each drying in order to avoid overheating.
ERROR CODE F02 – MEMORY ERROR
The F02 fault code means a memory or programming problem.
- Reset the device. The procedure may change depending on the model, refer to your user manual to follow the one that suits you.
- If the problem persists after the reset, change the electronic card.
ERROR CODE F03 – ELECTRONIC CARD
This fault code indicates a fault in the electronic power board.
- First of all, remove and clean the filters, then restart a program.
- If the problem persists, replace the electronic card.
ERROR CODE F04 – HEATING RELAY
This error code concerns the dryer heating system.
- First of all, unplug the device for 30 minutes and turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, try removing and cleaning the lint filters.
- The appliance may be overheating, check the fan and the condensed water pump.
ERROR CODE F05 – TEMPERATURE PROBE
This error code indicates a fault in the temperature probe.
Check the connections of this probe, generally located near the resistance, and replace it if necessary.
ERROR CODE F06 – TEMPERATURE / HEATING PROBE
This error code indicates a fault in the temperature sensor installed in the heating system.
Check the connections of this probe, generally located near the resistance or the heat pump, and replace it if necessary.
ERROR CODE F07 – DRUM ROTATION
This error code occurs in the event of a drum rotation problem.
- First of all, unplug your device for a few minutes, then plug it back in.
- If the problem persists, check that nothing is blocking the rotation of the drum, such as an object or laundry.
- Check the condition of the belt, motor pulleys, starting capacitor and motor.
ERROR CODE F10 – COMMUNICATION FAULT
This error code indicates a communication fault between the different electronic cards.
- To resolve the error, check the connections.
- Replace the electronic control board if the problem persists.
ERROR CODE F11 – MOTOR
This fault code indicates an engine malfunction.
Replace the dryer motor to resolve the error.
ERROR CODE F12 – INITIALIZATION
This error code indicates that the card was not initialized correctly.
Restarting the device should be enough to reset the dryer and therefore make the error code disappear.
ERROR CODE F14 / F15 – ENGINE CODES MODULE
This error code indicates a fault in the engine code module (MCU).
Depending on your model, replace the module connected to the engine or replace the complete engine block.
ERROR CODE F18 – MCU OVERHEATING
This error code indicates overheating in the engine code module.
- Try unplugging the device for 30 minutes and restarting a program.
- If the problem persists, contact a technician to resolve this error.
E20: Communication Error
There’s a communication problem between various electronic modules or components within the dryer.
E21: Drying Fan Error
This error suggests a problem with the drying fan, impacting the drying process.
E22: Ventilation Error
There’s an issue with the dryer’s ventilation system, potentially related to a blocked or restricted vent duct.
E23: Dryer Belt Issue
This error suggests a problem with the dryer’s belt, responsible for rotating the drum.
E24: Motor Fault
There’s a fault with the dryer’s motor or its control circuit, impacting the dryer’s operation.
E25: Airflow Issue
The dryer is detecting reduced or insufficient airflow, often caused by a clogged lint filter, blocked vent, or malfunctioning blower motor.
E26: Door Lock Error
The dryer cannot detect the door’s open or closed state correctly, possibly due to a malfunctioning door lock mechanism or switch.
E27: Temperature Sensor Error
There may be an issue with the temperature sensor, which is responsible for monitoring and regulating the dryer’s temperature.
E28: Airflow Sensor Error
The dryer’s airflow sensor is malfunctioning, affecting its ability to monitor and regulate airflow.
E29: Timer Error
There’s an issue with the dryer’s timer or timer control circuit, impacting the drying cycle’s timing.
E30: Drum Rotation Error
This error suggests a problem with the drum’s rotation mechanism or related components.
E31: Gas Valve Error
For gas-powered dryers, this error code indicates an issue with the gas valve or its control.
E32: Lint Filter Error
The dryer is detecting a problem with the lint filter, which may be clogged or not properly installed.
E33: Control Panel Error
There’s an issue with the dryer’s control panel or keypad, impacting user input and control.
E34: Overheating Error
The dryer is experiencing overheating, which may be due to a restricted vent or airflow issue.
E35: Voltage Error
There’s an irregular voltage supply to the dryer, potentially affecting its operation.
E36: Duct Sensor Error
The duct sensor, responsible for monitoring temperature and airflow, is malfunctioning.
E37: Power Supply Error
There’s a problem with the power supply to the dryer, impacting its overall operation.
E38: Dryer Overload
The dryer has detected an overload condition, often related to excessive weight or a jammed drum.
E39: Drying Time Error
There may be an issue with the dryer’s timer or drying time settings, affecting the drying cycle duration.
E40: Internal Error
This error code suggests an internal malfunction within the dryer, and it may require professional service.